Wide Future Description:
Wide Future, a project, a family, the future. Created in March 14, 2014 is now the world’s most promising Dance Music platform, breaking barriers every day, innovating and with a young and dynamic team, Wide Future is the regarded the best medium for news, music and everything closely linked to Dance Music industry.
Born in Portugal, but with a sight for the bigger picture to reach a global audience, experiencing tremendous growth and a clear online footprint, dubbed as one, if not the best source for news regarding Dance Music by it’s readers and followers, there just isn’t a platform where users could find information about all Dance Music genres – From techno, to house, to Big Room, to Drum & Bass, to minimal, to Trap – we are unique in Portugal and in the world to an extend.
Our ethos is simple; we believe in talent, we believe in music and we love this culture, there is nothing that we love more than Dance Music.
2017 was particularly unbelievable, we as a team did not expect to cover as many events as we did, we covered EVERY single Electronic music festival in Portugal and were present at Amsterdam Dance Event and Ultra Europe as press, we have also increased our contact network internationally, to reach even more artists, label and artists managers, promoters and festivals.
With such a strong presence and an even stronger push to become widely recognized, Wide Future is becoming one of the best media partners for Event promoters, Artists Publicists and other identities.
Note: Before you continue reading be aware this is NOT a paid position, however, we would be delighted to have you join our team.
We are looking for a talented and dynamic journalist/researcher who is independent, and enjoys Dance Music. Your job will revolve around finding news and possible stories that will be developed in full publishing pieces, opportunities such as attend festivals, parties and other events are a possibilities.
Journalists & Researcher will:
- Carry an unpredictable schedule
- Be able to ask difficult questions, often in an emotionally charged situation
- Follow current events, always looking for a story opportunity
- Be able to develop a source
- Pitch story ideas to editors and producers
- Attend news conferences
- Stay up to date with privacy, contempt and defamation laws
- Able to work within a tight deadline
- Curious about the world around you
- General understanding of current events
- Ability to delve deeper
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong editing and proofreading skills
- Eye for detail
- Excellent written English (and Portuguese) skills
- Must be able to work well alone or in a team
- Ability to multitask
- Strong familiarity with photography, video and audio content gathering and editing skills