Wide Future Description:
Wide Future, a project, a family, the future. Created in March 14, 2014 is now the world’s most promising Dance Music platform, breaking barriers every day, innovating and with a young and dynamic team, Wide Future is the regarded the best medium for news, music and everything closely linked to Dance Music industry.
Born in Portugal, but with a sight for the bigger picture to reach a global audience, experiencing tremendous growth and a clear online footprint, dubbed as one, if not the best source for news regarding Dance Music by it’s readers and followers, there just isn’t a platform where users could find information about all Dance Music genres – From techno, to house, to Big Room, to Drum & Bass, to minimal, to Trap – we are unique in Portugal and in the world to an extend.
Our ethos is simple; we believe in talent, we believe in music and we love this culture, there is nothing that we love more than Dance Music.
2017 was particularly unbelievable, we as a team did not expect to cover as many events as we did, we covered EVERY single Electronic music festival in Portugal and were present at Amsterdam Dance Event and Ultra Europe as press, we have also increased our contact network internationally, to reach even more artists, label and artists managers, promoters and festivals.
With such a strong presence and an even stronger push to become widely recognized, Wide Future is becoming one of the best media partners for Event promoters, Artists Publicists and other identities.
Note: Before you continue reading be aware this is NOT a paid position, however, we would be delighted to have you join our team.
We are looking for a talented video editor to assemble recorded footage into a finished project that matches director’s vision and is suitable for broadcasting.
Ultimately, as a film and video editor, you should be able to bring sight and sound together in order to tell a cohesive story
Video Editor Duties:
- Manipulate and edit film pieces in a way that is invisible to the audience
- Take a brief to grasp production team’s needs and specifications
- Review shooting script and raw material to create a shot decision list based on scenes’ value and contribution to continuity
- Trim footage segments and put together the sequence of the film
- Input music, dialogues, graphics and effects
- Create rough and final cuts
- Ensure logical sequencing and smooth running
- Consult with stakeholders from production to post-production process
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency.
- Proven work experience as a video editor
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Avid Media Composer, Lightworks, Premiere, After Effects and Final Cut)
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation and continuity
- Familiarity with special effects, 3D and compositing
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
- Note: Not all of the requirements have to be met, if you have a passion and knowledge that is a huge step in the right direction. So get in touch!